Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Real World Castmembers NOT STD FREE

So...yeah. I'll just come out straight and let you know the deal. Apparently there was some sort of date night on The Real World: DC and you could bid on one of the contestants. Well, when someone one the auction, Real World production made them sign a waiver. And this is what the waiver stated:

IF I CHOOSE TO ENGAGE IN CONSENSUAL SEXUAL BEHAVIOR OR INTIMATE CONTACT WITH ANY SUCH PERSON I DO SO VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY AND I ASSUME THE RISK THAT BY ENGAGING IN SUCH ACTIVITY I MAY CONTRACT CERTAIN SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES. PRODUCER MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ANY SUCH PERSON IS STD FREE.

I AM COGNIZANT OF THE RISKS AND I SHALL BEHAVE IN A MANNER CONSISTENT WITH GOOD JUDGMENT AND CAUTION AS I WOULD IN MY DAILY LIFE. I EXPLICITLY INCLUDE ANY INJURIES OR HARM THAT I MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF ENGAGING IN SUCH CONDUCT WITHIN THE MATTERS FOR WHICH I AM RELEASING YOU FROM ANY CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES.


Yikes, that is kind of scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just a liability waiver - it does NOT mean a castmember has an STD from that season. Rachel from RR once mentioned that MTV makes them sign a waiver like that for when they do challenges. It's just a way for BMP and MTV to be totally cleared in case someone does catch an STD from someone on the shows.